Ain't life a ball?
My dear sweet baby sister is getting married this Saturday, and I am simply too busy being emotional about that to think about blogging right now.
Friends and family are where it's at folks. At the end of the day, they are what bring joy. Not money, not status, not looks, not fame. Tonight I am simply overwhelmed with gratitude as I ponder my family, and my friends, and the joy of two happy healthy children.
Happy April Fools day and all that jazz. I had a real doozie planned for Nate, but he is out of town. Turned out that the joke was on me as I left my wallet in his car after our shopping date last night, and he left for the airport at 4 am this morning. I have no ID, no money, no credit cards, no nuttin. Thank God for online grocery delivery and the beauty of internet sites storing credit card information. Groceries coming tomorrow, life on slow till Friday when my husband, and my wallet, get home.
Better to have left it IN the car as opposed to ON TOP of the car like I did when Will was a baby. Thank goodness a nice man (former CIA agent) was behind me and tracked me down to return it. I think he may have felt bad. When I checked inside it when I got home, my checking account was negative 28 cents!!! Sympathy, kindness, whatever works, right!!!!
ReplyDeleteDana, I confess to having left my wallet in A SHOPPING CART twice in the past 14 months. Both times a random stranger returned it. The whole diaper bag thing is a mess ~ If I go out without the kids (or with both kids and no diaper bag!) I am carting around this wallet that won't fit inside my pocket, and two kids, and no purse.........so I have left it in the kiddy seat part of the shopping cart thing twice. If I ever resort to a fanny pack, stage an intervention on me, will you?
ReplyDeleteDang, you got owned... by yourself. haha! But like previously said, at least you know it's safe and where exactly it's located. The same cannot be said for my checkbook right now.
ReplyDelete