Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chillaxin




Saturday we celebrated spring with our first full fledged cook out-eat on the deck night. Having spent the entire day barring nap time outside, it was a great day.

A cheeseburgers on the grill-french-fry-tabbouleh-baked bean-corn fest followed our day in the sun, then a trip to Rita's for our first Gelotti of the season. While we were getting dinner ready Luke crawled up on this bench and just laid there, taking in the breeze, the view, the weather, and kicking his little feet in relaxed, worn out pleasure. I envied his work free little perch, and his ability to simply savor the moment. I find myself wishing that I could freeze time on these do-whatever-suits-you spring days.

Spring is a whole new universe of wonderfulness with toddlers.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, Rita's! How sad that no one out here knows what 'water ice' is, yet alone the queen of water ice, Rita. I miss my Rita's. And I have serious deck envy!

    ReplyDelete