Annoyingly neat about some things, that is.
THIS is what happens when I let the Daddy play with the playdough (the kids did play too, in his defense). Mixed up playdough makes me twitch. I know its small stuff. And we are told not to sweat the small stuff, right?
I'm really good at sweating the small stuff. My goal for the summer is to embrace mess more. I figure I really have no option, so I might as well get good at in now.
OMFG...I am twitching about that too, just looking at the pic! That's why I loathe that commercial for Moon Sand...it's like....DON'T MIX IT!!!
ReplyDeleteThat picture just makes me CRINGE. I told Tauren and Rylie not to mix the PlayDoh and Ryan looked at me like I was a loon. I guess I need to embrace the change as well.
ReplyDeleteMust.allow.mixing.of.the.PlayDoh.
Yikes! I have the willies for you. You are preaching to the choir with this one. I would spoon feed my kids until they are 12 and able to not make a mess if it were up to me. Some days I want to lock myself in another room while our therapist is doing a "painting" project in the middle of our living room with the light colored carpet. I need to be medicated.
ReplyDeletei love mixing playdoh! i only cringe when the colors don't blend!!!!(i cringe at playdoh "crumbs" on the floor though!)
ReplyDeletei'm staying anonymous on this one...
Ugh, I feel your pain! I refuse to take out new playdough until the big purple blob of playdough, that used to be blue and green and yellow and orange is on its last legs! Wait until they start painting..you might need someone to hold you back when all the paint colors start to blend!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Rachel, Moon Sand BLOWS! My kids destroyed their's within a week by mixing.
ReplyDeletePlaydough is prettier when it's all the colors of the rainbow! That's my mantra when I see it starting to become a motley crew of colors.
I'd just throw it away and make a couple of new batches... ;) Gabe has been mixing everything lately (little cards, dinosaurs, monkeys in a barrel, octopii in a crate, bunnies in an egg, bouncy balls) into one big pile. I.Must.Sort.It.All.Out before I have him help me put it way. W
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ladies. I always assume that I have some defective mothering gene when it comes to the mad mess of toddler craft-itis.....good to know that I am not alone.
ReplyDeleteThe thing that most makes my skin crawl? Those tub paint/crayon/marker thingies.
Am I honestly supposed to espouse the idea of my kid painting their bathroom tiles/tub some color, while (I assume) they also paint themselves, the water, their sister etc) the same garish hue? I mean, is it just me, and my mess hating un-funness that makes that seem counter-intuitive to the entire "bath" process of getting clean?
Please, everyone, we have never had them, and I literally beg you to please not buy them for us. Ever.
Painting has happened already, and I confess to being totally annoying controlling over the entire process (Smock! Jules, No! Luke, NOT FINGERS! NOT IN YOUR HAIR! NOT ON THE DOG! NO TASTING! STOP LICKING!) and so forth and so on.
My new goal is to turn one of our decks into our mess-arena this summer. Paint, chalk, pudding fights, jello wrestling, whatever. We will see how it goes.
Melissa, during the summer when my kids were younger, I used to get a cheap plastic wading pool and let them go to town with messy stuff in there. Then I hosed them off when they were done.
ReplyDeleteShannon, LOVE that idea. I'm all about the hose off. Thank yoU!
ReplyDelete*moon sand* elicited a "fingers in the ears la la la la laaaaaaaaa" from me. And anon : I know you are Jen Otto, you freak :) And thats why I love you.
Wen~ I was the same way until duece got mobile.........then it all went to hell~ Fun hell, but surely not neatly organized hell :)
Found your blog through Alexis's...and I just HAD to comment on this. I can't STAND mixed play-doh. My 4 year old mixes it up right away so it's always this awful brown color. I don't buy the stuff for him anymore because of that...he can just continue to play with his brown play-doh as far as I'm concerned.
ReplyDeleteLOL I had to comment as well. I tell my kid ONE open play-doh at a time. You want another color? Put that one away and you can have this one. I'm totally with you on this one. I hide play-doh... hehe.
ReplyDelete