Thursday, April 16, 2009

SPRUNG







Sun is shining, weather is sweet.

Like a convict sprung from jail, we are PARTYING around this joint. I was about one more day away from actually eating one of my babies, a'la hamster style, had we had to be stuck in the house together for another 24. Thank God for sunshine.

Luke and Julia were actually spinning around in circles laughing and babbling in the sunshiney playroom after breakfast this morning. Their fuzzy blond bed heads were thrown back as they looked up through the skylights, drenched in sunlight, and laughing like little madmen. They were drunk on sorely needed Vitamin D, I believe.

After two horrendous/did/not/leave/the/house days, the sun is out. Our tulips bloomed. Our flowers and trees are awakening from their long winter sleep. It's warm. I thought about golf. I though about tan little baby feet in sandals, and watermelon dripping down bare baby chests, and bubbles, and sidewalk chalk. I thought about naked time on the deck for the kids, and about hot dogs on the grill, and about sun warm just picked tomatoes sliced with buffalo mozzarella and garden basil. I thought about sand castles. I thought about eating shrimp and picking crabs while still wearing my bathing suit, tan and salty from a long day on the beach. I thought about babies sleeping on the warm sand underneath umbrellas.I could go on and on.

Never in my entire life have I looked forward to a summer like I am this one. Two walking kids, long days at the pool and beach, one nap schedule, and some actual time to play in my yard. Bring it on, sunshine, bring it on.

To everyone in the northeast today, ENJOY this lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. You have me longing for summer........love it! Feel ready to leave the stupid northeast after the past two days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for getting outside!!! Hurry up Summer!

    ReplyDelete