Sunday, March 2, 2008

A year ago



This was my little man a year ago today. It's mind blowing to look at the KID that he is today ~ running around the house, climbing up everything, talking, eating etc ~ and then to remember this immobile constantly sleeping or nursing little critter of a year ago. Luke had a great week ~ he is officially not allergic to peanuts and my little food hound had his first of many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this week. I have pics, they will follow. It was a hit.

I can't believe that its March 2 2008 already! Spring is in the air. I feel as though we never really had winter this year ~ we have yet to have a decent snow, which makes me a little sad. I love snow, big, silent, billowy snow. Everything just screeches to a cozy halt for a day or two. Daylight savings is this Friday already (???) and I am starting to really look forward to longer sunshiney evenings, grilling, eating outside on our deck, playing with Luke outside etc etc.... I can't wait to walk Luke and Deuce down to the park behind our house, and to start planting flowers (and GRASS!!!) in our barren new yard.

I am full term at this point, so Deuce is officially invited to join us whenever s/he likes. We have decided on names, FINALLY! This is the most thrilling part of pregnancy to me....waking up each morning with the realization that today could be the day that our baby arrives. I don't feel impatient yet, in fact, I was at the gym 4 or 5 times this week and am feeling really great physically. I'm still sleeping pretty well, I had a wonderful massage and yoga class yesterday, and I feel as though this baby is welcome to come whenever it is good and ready. I'm ready, yet strangely patient. I love the thought of our baby all cozy inside of me, just getting chubby and round and ready. I have even calmed down mentally, and I am finally feeling emotionally ready to welcome this baby into our family. I am so excited to introduce Luke to his little brother or sister. I can't wait to see who it is in there ~ Boy? Girl? Big? Little? Hair? Baldy? Blond? Dark? Ahhhhhh! The excitement and anticipation is tangible, these last few weeks. Its still surreal to me that we are going to be a family of four (5 if you count el stinkador, who has had more baths in the past 4 days than ever in his life, and still has a not so subtle eau de skunk about him). Today we set up the cosleeper in our room and the pack n play as our downstairs baby changing station ~ barring the packing of my hospital bag we are pretty much ready to go (I have some unexplained aversion to the "packing of the hospital bag"....I really need to get over it and just pack the blessed thing) . I have started making lists of Luke's food and schedule for Mom and Dad so that while we are at the hospital having the baby they can be all prepared to take care of Luke. We are absolutely playing with fire as Nate is flying to Denver this Thursday-Friday........but with me feeling so good we are willing to risk it. That will be his last trip until late April. I'm rambling, but will be sure to update everything after my OB appointment on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment