Saturday, March 22, 2008

One night down





18 years or so to go!

We came home from the hospital yesterday. It was amazing to walk into a clean house with folded laundry, a huge pot of homemade chicken soup on the stove and a blissfully napping Luke. Thank you Mom! We had a lovely afternoon with Pete and Lex, Dee, Pop Pop, Mom Mom and others dropping by. Nate is proud of me for having a VBAC....but I honestly think that Nate is even prouder that I managed to have a VBAC and get discharged from the hospital at the EXACT time that the NCAA Tourney started. We walked in with our new baby 20 min before the first games began yesterday. We got the Direct TV March Madness package, so we literally have every single game at our fingertips. We can even watch 4 at once on one screen. Its madness. Come on over everyone. There isn't much better than sitting on the couch with the fireplace lit, a barely born baby in your arms, tons of food in the kitchen, and an endless assortment of college hoop games to watch. As Hannibal from the A-Team would say, "I love it when a plan comes together".

Julia was just a dream yesterday. She is a voracious nurser which means that she is also a voracious sleeper. We did a lot of nursing, and a lot of cuddling yesterday. Luke is a champ, he is interested in her, gets all perked up every time she cries and wants to check her out, but thus far has exhibited no jealousy or weirdness. Its so crazy to see them together ~ Two babies. Last night was easy ~ we co sleep, so when she woke every 3 hours I just slapped a new diaper on her and let her nurse away as I went back to sleep. Waking up this morning was so crazy ~ Jules in our bed all pink and cozy as we heard Luke rouse about 7.15. Two babies! It's still sinking in.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like heaven! Can I come over? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys make such a sweet family! :) I love that Luke is adjusting so well! And btw, you look SO great!!!! Congrats on a successful VBAC!!!!

    ReplyDelete