Friday, August 10, 2007

Rocky II



Yesterday I overheard heard Nate talking to a friend on the phone. He was telling him what was new with Luke, when I heard something like this..........

"Yeah, he's all over the place all of a sudden"

"Yeah, we are going to have to do some hard core baby proofing"

"Yeah, I'm going to have to lower the crib now........It's just like in Rocky II, where Rocky was fighting Apollo, you know, the one where Rocky wins? And he was climbing up the ropes at the end, and then he got up?? You know? Luke is doing that now in his crib. Its crazy."

I love my husband.

In other news, little Luke is suddenly the King of Anticipation. His favorite games at the moment are anything that involves either peek a boo, or repeated silly noises (and if Mom couples those noises with bizarre-o African or Indian-esque dances, well, that's just a whole nother level of unadulterated joy. I am endlessly grateful for the plantation shutters in our house, if the neighbors saw me whirling around my kitchen like a dervish I cant even imagine what they would think). He squeals with delight and squirms all over when the thing that he "knows" is going to happen, happens. For peek-a-boo I sit him in the middle of our bed and then get on my hands and knees, hiding my face below the bed and then POP up. He jumps every time ~ then starts cracking up. Much like his Mama, his short term memory isn't really all there. Of the two of us, I will freely admit that I'm not sure who is playing with who ~ sometimes I get the distinct feeling that he is humoring me.

Luke's girlfriend Brook was here last night babysitting as we went out to dinner with Jeannie and Tim at Teca. MMMMM Teca. We went there all the time when I was pregnant, but it was the first time since having Luke that we had been back. It was POURING, so we drove up and had a wonderful dinner ~ Thank you again Jeannie ~ you spoil us! (and I already tried the "tummy bar" and I love it!!!)

Its a grey and rainy day today, perfect to stay inside, watch the PGA Champoinship, entertain Luke, and pack for our trip to the beach. I remember last year, being in the office, totally not focused on anything work related, simply looking up baby or maternity things, and watching the ESPN live update leaderboard for all of the golf majors all day long. I remember thinking "this time next year I will be home with a baby and can watch this live on TV instead of silly numbers on a leaderboard". Well, here I am. And I can honestly say that I am enjoying the privelage of motherhood (and live Golf viewership on a Thursday or Friday) even more than I have ever even allowed myself to hope.

1 comment:

  1. What an unbelievably male description! I totally get it though- it paints quite the picture. Go Luke go!

    ReplyDelete