Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Woes




I suffered from "Panera's Revenge" all weekend. Lost 5 lbs the not fun way. Ate at Panera for the first (and last) time in my life on Friday with Maryanne and Jen, and spent the rest of the weekend very sick. Ugh. Saturday was spent on the couch entertaining the baby and trying to keep down toast while Nate slaved away painting the house in the 100 degree heat. Luke is a great companion while sick, he is such an easy going little guy who vacillates between playing by himself on the floor, crawling everywhere, standing up and falling over, and then coming over for cuddles on the couch. His weigh in last Thursday at my nursing group showed that he gained a pound and a half in less than two weeks, so my guy is getting big. He had stayed at the same weight for about a month, so it was nice to see him gain. 18 and 1/2 lbs now. Wow.

We have been listening to the new baby's heartbeat with a Doppler, it's so amazing to hear that little heart thumping away in there. It makes it start to feel more real to me that we are having another baby. (One would have thought that the fact that I am already having to wear maternity clothes might have done the trick....but no, hearing the heartbeat is making it hit home) As I was so sick I was a little panicked on Friday night about it harming the baby, so its great to hear that heartbeat, very reassuring. For those that put any stock in the old wives tales, this baby's heartbeat is way higher than Luke's always was in utero. (Luke was always 145-150, this baby is in the 165-170 range.) We also listened to Luke's heartbeat with it, much easier to find now that he is sitting on the couch instead of in utero :). We were cracking up to hear it, then us laughing got Luke laughing, and his heart rate went up. We are easily entertained in this household.

I need some help. I am sick of referring to the baby that I am pregnant with as "the new baby", "The baby that I am pregnant with" "the coming arrival" etc etc.....
Please help me give this little peanut some sort of reference name. Something relatively genderless. That way I can specify if I am talking about Luke, or this baby. Anyone can play. I know lots of my friends and family read this, so please, add a comment! Please? There is a place to add your comment right at the bottom of this post. Thanks in advance :)

6 comments: