Look carefully at the above picture and see if you can catch what's going on.
Luke is barefoot.........
And I am PREGNANT!
We are thrilled to announce that Version 2.0 of the Melis/Nate collaboration is on its way. We had an ultrasound yesterday and were introduced to the little grey blob that we cant wait to welcome into our family. I have to add that it is simply the strangest way to meet someone that you already love more than life itself. "This is the brain, and the heartbeat is that flicker there......" Can you imagine if you had met your husband that way? Or even your family pet? Its so otherworldly to look at that grainy picture and imagine all of the joy that it encompasses.
We are due March 23rd, which we just realized is Easter Sunday. We have a thing for holidays, I suppose. We are just festive like that. Although it is still early, seeing that little heart flickering away made us feel great, and we would appreciate all of the good thoughts and prayers you can muster for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
The maternity clothes that I just packed away a couple of months ago are on their way back out (That whole "you show sooner the second time around" thing is no joke, by the way)......
I have been more nauseous this go round....and inadvertently created the perfect storm of disgustingness by introducing solids into Luke's diet at the same time as I am dealing with morning sickness......something about those diapers and my stomach ~ Oh my. Its ugly. I am still nursing Luke full time so you all may want to be careful not to get any of your body parts near me when you see me ~ I may eat them. Sorry and consider yourself forewarned. Growing a baby while nourishing another is hard work and creates QUITE the appetite.
Anyway, we are thrilled, and we are going to be VERY busy with two babies only 13 or so months apart. We also have a lot on our plate with two houses to sell, buying a new house, and moving while pregnant......But we are up to the challenge and thrilled to see our family grow. Thank you all for the love, and support, and prayers that you send our way! We feel so very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.
YEAH! Congratulations! How exciting (and very brave of you at the same time!!) I can feel your pain with the nursing while pregnant dilemma. I was there, and would eat anything that wasn't tied down. Lots of protein -- that's the key. Tell Nate we said "CONGRATS." We enjoyed our visit and meeting Luke. Can't wait to see you again!
ReplyDeletethis is a park in minnesota!
ReplyDelete