Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dawg Days




Well, its officially August "down the shore". The corn is sweet, the days are so hot, and the shoobies have migrated en masse to the sandy beach.

The water has hit 75, so Luke was fully submerged in the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in his little life today. He delighted in it. This child, like his Mama, is destined to be a beach baby. He went for a long walk on the boardwalk to start his day, took a nap on the beach, swam in the ocean, and now rests, weary and smelling like sunshine downstairs in his crib. I left the beach early today, claiming that the baby could really use a nap in the sanctity of his crib......but in reality this is my chance for some quiet downtime and to watch the finale of the PGA Championship. The guys are out on the boat trolling for Tuna, so hopefully they will bring us home dinner......

Pregnancy is helping me really slow down and enjoy each moment. These days pass too quickly, and this pregnancy is a great reminder to take it easy, sit back, and soak them in.

I love the beach. I love the summer. And I love this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment