Monday, March 29, 2010

Some Dr.'s in the house.



I am having no luck in the illness department right now. It seems in my haste to do something fun with the kids every day before this baby arrives I am actually exposing my family to every spring illness and germ known to man. Good times. I have been laid up since Friday morning with a fabulous trifecta ~ pink eye, sinus infection, and ear infection. I feel like a 5 year old. The only other time in my life I have had a sinus infection was while pregnant with Jules, and it was similarly miserable. As though having a 4 lb 19 inch fetus inside you was not uncomfortable enough, add a nose plugged with concrete and a hacking cough and swollen eye to the mix and it is a real party. If I have never before raved about Nate, I need to rave about him now. He took the kids for the past 3 days, taking care of all of their meals, cleaning up, baths etc. while I slept and self anesthetized to hideous daytime TV while languishing in bed fantasizing about taking an ice pick to my head. I admit that I do feel really well rested, if not yet quite better.

Saturday morning I was sleeping when I heard the circus come creeping into my room. I opened one puffy eye and instantly started laughing as I saw these two clowns coming at me clad in their Dr. gear. Julia will ONLY play Dr. if she can wear the glasses, apparantly the glasses perform an important function in doctoring. They gave me a thorough exam (including dental!) and then proceeded to examine "my baby". Julia put on the stethoscope and "lissen to babies heartbeat ~ Like Kate!" and Luke gave me a shot in the ear. Unorthodox, and ultimately ineffective. The laughter helped, a little. It's been a monsoon lately but we are heading into sunshine and a beautiful Easter weekend, so hopefully my health will follow suit.

1 comment: