Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st, 2010

Oh, be jealous. Dora is our homegirl. Excuse the horrible post spa look we have working here.
Hiking Pinnacle Peak
The Pinnacle of the aforementioned Pinnacle Peak.
Baby Trey's first mountaintop experience.
Playing golf was fantastic. I had my doubts, but played well, all encumbrances considered. Nate had an awesome round and beat me in our match.

We got in at midnight last night from a fabulous vacation.

I went straight to the hospice where Mom Mom was, and felt so blessed to be able to spend an hour with her. I left around 1 AM and Mom Mom Jule died at 2:30 this morning, March 1st, 2010 at the age of 87.

Thank all of you for the prayers/calls offers of help with the kids etc. I feel so blessed to have gotten to say goodbye to someone who was one of the most important people in my entire life. Mom Mom used to say just one thing to me when I was going through hard times ~ "Missy ~ BE HAPPY!" she would say. Today, through my tears, I am happy. Not for those of us left behind who miss her terribly already, but for her. I picture my Grandfather, who died 37 years ago, welcoming my Mom Mom into his arms today.

13 comments:

  1. oh honey...love and prayers to all the dilullos. mom mom jule was an amazing woman.
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melis, my heart goes out to you and your family...I am so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if you need anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry, Melissa...you and your family are in my thoughts. Wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Melis!! HUGS. How very special that you got to spend some time with her right before she passed. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this sad time for you and the family always remember the good times you had with your grandmother and that she is truly in a better place! Hugs to all of you!! Cry tears of happiness for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss Melis, but so happy you got to spend some time with her. HUGS. Wen

    ReplyDelete
  8. RIP Mom Mom Jules...Melissa, I am praying for the entire DiLullo family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts about her have been beautiful. Hugs hugs Missy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just logged on to see how your vacation was and I am sitting here with a VERY heavy heart and my eyes filled with tears. Mom-Mom Jule was truly an amazing woman! She was very wise, smart, independent and had a heart of gold! She will be so very missed. Sending you lots of love, hugs and know that I am here if you need anything....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again, I am so happy that you got to say goodbye to her one last time, and am very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for your loss, but so very happy that you got to spend time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you guys so much for the kind thoughts :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete