
Baby girl! I can't even believe that you are 6 months old today. I woke up thinking about what I was doing 6 months ago today.....waking up in labor, going to the hospital, laboring and laughing and giddy with excitement at the prospect of meeting my little surprise. Your birth was amazing ~ truly one of the best experiences of my life. Being the first one to say "It's a girl"! the moment that you entered the world is something that I will treasure forever. You have found your groove within our family with ease and grace. You adore your big brother. You are so big, and healthy, and way ahead of yourself in terms of milestones (slow down, baby girl, slow down). I hate braggy type blog posts, but I would be dishonest were I to act as though I am not so wonderfully proud of you ~ so grateful for you, and so in love with you. You love to laugh. You love to smile. You make our family even more fun.
We celebrated your birthday by kicking off our adventure into the wonderful (and horrible ~ the mess, the baby food making, the diapers!...the work for me. Nursing is so easy.) world of solid foods. You are no longer an exclusively breast fed baby....you have joined the land of the eaters. You were so ready that you ripped the spoon out of my hand, put it into your own mouth, and said THANK YOU! when you were finished. I exaggerate, of course, but you ate your first meal of bananas and oatmeal with a gusto. We spent the day at the zoo with your brother and Mom Mom today ~ it was one of those utterly fabulous September days in Pennsylvania.
I feel as though I am not doing you justice here, baby girl, but after a day at the zoo and then a round of golf with your Dad, I am utterly fried.
Calling you my daughter is a joy and a privilege. Congrats on your very first half-birthday, little Jules. Tomorrow you will be closer to one than to none.......and its all going by much too fast. I love you.
what a blessed, swee tlittle one she is, melis! i lvoe you all! happy birthday julia!
ReplyDeletelove jen, mike,julia,and will
I love your daughter! (and, um, I adore her pumpkin hat!) Happy half birthday little girl............you are a lucky little one who is so very loved :)
ReplyDeleteHappy .5 sweet Julia!
ReplyDelete