It was a busy, wonderful holiday weekend. Friday we went to the Zoo as a family for the first time. Although I have been there several times this summer with the kids, it was the first time that Nate went with us. We had a great time, and Luke and Jules enjoyed it as usual. When we got in the car, hot and tired, Nate turned to me and said "Holy %&*! I have no idea how on Earth you do that alone with two kids". I didn't tell him that I have no idea how I do it either. I didn't tell him that there is no real choice, you just do it. Nothing like a little real world experience to force a little Mom appreciation.
Saturday we started our festival hopping up in Sburg with Carolyn and Tony. We were treated to a great time and the kids were thrilled to get to spend so much time with their grandparents. We hit up Stroudfest and the Garlic Festival, swam in the pool, ate like Kings, and went to a BBQ at Leigh and Tom's house. We ended the holiday weekend in the burg with some playground time with Leah and Madeline, and got home around 2. Coming home to an empty fridge is the worst. With the help of the cornfield next door, tomatoes and basil from Moms garden, and some kabobs on the grill, we managed to pull together a last minute dinner and Luke got to "drive" his first sports car.
This weekend was also a first for him ~ His first sentence! Yesterday he proclaimed with joy "I DID IT!" in front of Carolyn, Nate and I.
Jules is also in just a beautiful place with her sleeping ~ She goes to bed at 7, wakes only once to nurse, and then sleeps till 8. I love this.
The house is a wreck, the fridge still empty, and I have to get to work. Happy September all!
Your pictures always make me happy.
ReplyDeleteI do have some CD questions and I like to get as many opinions as possible so if I give you my email could you shoot me a line so I can email my questions :)
megan.byers@yahoo.com