
Sleep, that is. Luke is upstairs sleeping away and its 9 am ~ you never realize how much you love and need sleep until you have a few nights without it. This past week has been tough, no place on earth can be as lonely as a baby's nursery at 3 am ~ you feel impatient, and worried, and then angry at yourself for being impatient......and then your neck and back start to hurt from sitting in the glider nursing and falling asleep at the same time ~ your head falling forward, you jerking it back up, over and over and over. You start to feel as though you may NEVER sleep again, when in fact it has just been a few tough nights. I guess, like anything, you just adapt, but man do I have a new gratitude for how great of a sleeper Luke has been since day 1. I'm guessing that the ear infection is clearing up.
Last night we were treated to "the Luke show" ~ He sat in his 'saucer entertaining the two of us for about an hour. We were both sitting on the couch, and he was facing us from a few feet away ~ simply delighting in looking back and forth between Nate and I with the biggest, gummiest grins I have ever seen. He is big into eye contact all of a sudden ~ a simple thing like looking around, but not at him, while saying "wheres the baby" ~ and then locking in on his eyes can send him into utterly ecstatic spasms of joy. Its so nice to be able to entertain him so easily ~ I already dread the days of "Mom, I'm bored" "Mom I want a gameboy" etc etc...
"Mom, I'm bored". You have no idea! How about, "Mom, I want a tatoo, or Mom, I'm thinking about joining the marines"?
ReplyDeleteWhat if he gets bored, and gets a Marine Tattoo?!?!? The horror!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, elusive sleep. Glad it's back for you. My DS had a couple regressions, first when he learned to roll, and then when we came to Canada (jet lag) and every time I think I'm not going to live through it but here I am! I heard the 4-month sleep regression is the worst so hopefully it's smooth sailing for Luke on the sleep front from now on!
ReplyDelete