
So Luke is learning the power of his voice. The SCREECH is the newest addition to hie repertoire of noises. Sometimes used in annoyance, and sometimes in joy, he is suddenly tossing it into his routine several times a day. Its very cute, like, once. Maybe even three times. After that I wish I could "un-learn" him of it. Part of me is starting to wonder if I am creating this ~ thinking back over our past couple of weeks I have realized that Nate has been away a lot. When he is away, Luke spends every moment of his day with Mom, shopping, running errands, talking walks, and spending LOTS of time with other women. Just this week he had lunch on Monday with Colleen, Jen and Maryanne, Playgroup with about 10 girls on Tues, Dinner with Dee, Lunch with Joanne and Colleen H on Wed....today we hit up nursing group (about 40 women) and Mom Mom's ~ then tomorrow lunch with Jeannie. Each day he has also been to the gym, where about 10 female daycare girls fawn over him while I am working out. Perhaps his little man screech is simply a revolt against all of the female voices constantly clattering on around him? His own little version of "hear me roar"? I doubt it, but its fun to think about. He even spent an hour at the salon yesterday while I got my haircut. My intent was to hold him, but he was liberally passed around amongst the stylists. The life of Luke. Lotsa women. Maybe Nate will have to take him to Hooters, or a monster truck thing (What DO monster trucks DO anyhow? Race, Rally? Something?) over the weekend to restore some balance. You know, now that my mind has wandered down this road, I have a perfect solution!!! We are going to Stroudsburg this weekend ~ Nate could simply take Luke GOLFING. Check this story out
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/all-mailbox-wyv84g5-j7sx1-j1jrl-j.5915729jun27,0,2979756.story
~~~Now THAT would get the critter back in the swing, so to speak. Sheesh.
One quick mention of the life of Mulligan. I accidentally shamed my Dog into doing something disgusting yesterday. I woke up early to come downstairs and get the coffee going.....as I was walking to the steps I spied a pile of dog throw up on the bathroom floor. I said "Jeez Mulligan, are you KIDDING ME?" and looked back at the dog, who was standing at the door to our bedroom. (Yes, that was edited for language :)) Mully looked ashamed, and I thought no more of it. Went to make the coffee, got paper towels and some sort of dog vomit appropriate cleaner, and came back up to face the task at hand. Mulligan was sitting on the steps waiting for me, sheepishly wagging his tail. I patted him on the head, and went into the bathroom, and stopped dead in my tracks. The aforementioned "issue" was gone. Totally gone. Apparently my disgust somehow shamed the poor creature into taking it upon himself to clean up the offending pile. I gagged, went back to bed to cuddle with Luke, and made a pointed effort to steer clear of his mouth and beard for the rest of the day. Ugh. I do love my dog, but sometimes they are just such............dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment