So Luke is a swimmer now. The kid seems to love the water. We spent a good chunk of Friday and Saturday at/in the pool (its been in the 90's around here, awful for May/early June) . His whole body just relaxes and he was laughing out loud as we were lifting him up and down in the water ~ I love it. The pic is from the pool on Saturday. We are officially drinking the ACAC Kool Aide around here , I love the gym. Its so nice to have such a safe, entertaining, clean place staffed with such wonderful people to drop Luke off at while I work out. I went with the baby on Friday, and both Nate and I went on Saturday. Becca and I took a Yoga class while Nate worked out, then we all went out to the pool and ended up having lunch there. We managed to spend just about all of the past 3 days outside, whether at the pool, walking around WC Friday night, or at the Phillies game on Saturday night. I could not resist the opportunity to take Luke to BOOOO for Barry Bonds, as the Giants were in town. Barry did not have a home run, but he gave a ball a great ride and ended up with a double. He also had an error in the outfield which resulted in a run for the Phillies. The Phils won 5-2. At one point the whole outfield was chanting "You do Steriods" at Bonds......welcome to Philly, baby. He can now say that he got to see Bonds play the season that that fraud defiled one of Baseball's sacred records. Luke wore his Chase Utley jersey and could not have been any easier at the game. He sat in our laps, drank a bottle of EBM, and worked hard at actually shoving BOTH hands into his drooly little mouth. We got home and put him to bed around 10 (which was later than his usual 8.30 bedtime) and he slept till 6.45, ate, and is still sleeping upstairs in his crib now. Have I mentioned that having a kid who is so wonderfully easy with his sleeping is simply fab? He lets me get a full night of sleep every night, which makes this whole motherhood thing a lot easier. I can't imagine being up several times a night for months at a time, it must really wear you down. Luke is a bit dangerous, as I know that it would be rare for our next baby to be as easy as him.......and I'm so spoiled as a Mother to an easy baby that I worry that I would not know what do with a more demanding one! What if I didnt like it as much?
Motherhood has been the most joyous experience of my life. It's passing by all too quickly. Here I do my best to remember these beautiful days.
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Age of Aquarius
So Luke is a swimmer now. The kid seems to love the water. We spent a good chunk of Friday and Saturday at/in the pool (its been in the 90's around here, awful for May/early June) . His whole body just relaxes and he was laughing out loud as we were lifting him up and down in the water ~ I love it. The pic is from the pool on Saturday. We are officially drinking the ACAC Kool Aide around here , I love the gym. Its so nice to have such a safe, entertaining, clean place staffed with such wonderful people to drop Luke off at while I work out. I went with the baby on Friday, and both Nate and I went on Saturday. Becca and I took a Yoga class while Nate worked out, then we all went out to the pool and ended up having lunch there. We managed to spend just about all of the past 3 days outside, whether at the pool, walking around WC Friday night, or at the Phillies game on Saturday night. I could not resist the opportunity to take Luke to BOOOO for Barry Bonds, as the Giants were in town. Barry did not have a home run, but he gave a ball a great ride and ended up with a double. He also had an error in the outfield which resulted in a run for the Phillies. The Phils won 5-2. At one point the whole outfield was chanting "You do Steriods" at Bonds......welcome to Philly, baby. He can now say that he got to see Bonds play the season that that fraud defiled one of Baseball's sacred records. Luke wore his Chase Utley jersey and could not have been any easier at the game. He sat in our laps, drank a bottle of EBM, and worked hard at actually shoving BOTH hands into his drooly little mouth. We got home and put him to bed around 10 (which was later than his usual 8.30 bedtime) and he slept till 6.45, ate, and is still sleeping upstairs in his crib now. Have I mentioned that having a kid who is so wonderfully easy with his sleeping is simply fab? He lets me get a full night of sleep every night, which makes this whole motherhood thing a lot easier. I can't imagine being up several times a night for months at a time, it must really wear you down. Luke is a bit dangerous, as I know that it would be rare for our next baby to be as easy as him.......and I'm so spoiled as a Mother to an easy baby that I worry that I would not know what do with a more demanding one! What if I didnt like it as much?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment