So we "Did Devon" yesterday. (http://www.thedevonhorseshow.org)/
Luke met his first horse, and it happened to be a horse who was EXTREMELY interested in the baby. It was so funny to see him looking up at this immense, beautiful beast with his HUGE eyes, just laying there in the stroller so small and vulnerable. He didn't appear to be afraid, just fascinated. I am trying to enter the pics in chronological order here but clearly I don't get it. Oh well.
I saw something that I had seen before, but didn't really know the deal on. The Hackney Ponies were competing, see pic. http://http//www.shetlandminiature.com/images/pony5.jpg These poor miniature horses are the Jon Bonet Ramsey of the horse world. Their owners actually break their tales so that they remain in this unnatural upturned position. The horses then pull these little carts around the ring with this impressive, if freakish, gait, pulling their feet way up in a fancy prance.
Is it just this new motherhood thing that has made me uber-sensitive to the adulteration of any species, or natural thing? For whatever reason they totally broke my heart. In a sense, they didn't look all that different a few of the poor women that I saw trotting around OUTSIDE of the show ring in their jewels, expensive, showy dresses and giant high heels (Please women, please, if you can't walk in high heels, don't wear them! You look silly,and hobbled, and vain ~ I LOVE my heels, but I can also walk in them without looking as though I am crippling myself for life). Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful place to people watch as the vast majority of the glitterati were wonderfully and beautifully turned out.....but there are always those few who take the main line money thing in a really really bad direction. To shame. But we absolutely enjoyed looking at them! Mom and I ate dinner while Luke lolled around happily in his stroller. He is just such an easy going kid, I feel so very blessed. We have a play date at 10 am with Laura, Barb and little Aiden, then I think that we are going to go swimming this afternoon, it was extraordinarily hot out yesterday for the last day of May, so if today is anything like it the water is the place to be.
Cheers!OH, Tonight is First Friday in WC and the place to be! Nate and I and the kid have a hot date to head up to the borough and support all of our local businesses and artists as it is also Gallery Walk ~
No comments:
Post a Comment