Saturday, July 24, 2010

My date with Jake.

I drink my morning coffee while admiring his fuzzy little body in the sun.
We sit and converse in the afternoon.
Seriously, Lady? More pictures? Enough already.

I am spending a weekend alone with my sweet boy ~ and I feel like a first time Mama again. I haven't stopped kissing him, admiring his sweet rolls, and reveling in the luxury of not adhering to anyones schedule other than my own.

I feel intoxicated by him. I had so missed having time to just lay around and breath him in, to watch him change right in front of my eyes, to just wrap myself up in the sweetness that only a newborn encapsulates. I miss Luke and Jules terribly, but am amazed at how much I needed this time with my Jake, and didn't even know it.

This newborn stage goes by much, much too fast. Jake is most likely my last baby. I remind myself of that when we are on our third or fourth nursing session of the night.....that this is but a phase, a very very short phase. I honestly am treasuring my quiet time in the middle of the night where I can just look down at this baby who I waited so long to meet and feel my soul be happy. I hoard him and just try to soak in all of the sweet neediness that is Jake at 8 weeks old. I can still fix all of his problems. I am what he craves and needs. I love this newborn thing. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking recently how very much I love the ages of my kids right now and am not terribly sad at all about not doing it over again with another child. But seeing that gorgeous, chubby man? Well, I could almost be swayed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. You are now one of those families where each parent has an exact clone, and then the third kid is a definite combination of each.

    He's beautiful. I can't get over how big he's getting!

    ReplyDelete