Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2 Months




Jake is two months old as of today. His 2 month pedi visit is on thursday, I can't wait to find out how much he weighs, though I am dreading his first round of shots. I really can't believe that it is only two months since he was born, honestly, I feel like our round little jolly man has been with us much longer, somehow. His sleep is starting to improve as he eats a little less ~ He goes to bed sometime between 7 and 8 and generally sleeps till around 1.30. Nurses and goes right back down....and then we repeat that around 4, again at 5.30 in my bed, where he tends to remain until about 8 am. Not too bad, though not spectacular, either. The good news is that there is no fussing ~ He eats, then returns immediately to sleep. His smile is infectious ~ he smiles with his whole face, not just his mouth. His throaty little chuckle makes me laugh out loud, and he uses it most often when his sibs are playing with him. They are infatuated with "their baby Jake" ~ if he ever starts to fuss either Luke or Jules runs to his side and starts singing him a song. He rolls from his belly to his back and is just about rolling from back to belly....he seems to get almost there and then realize that he does not want to be on his belly :). He has been great in kids zone and I have not had to leave class yet to come get him, which I feel endlessly grateful for. I was missing exercise terribly, and feel rejuvenated to be working out again. The effect of exercise on my patience is measurable. I wish that I could just freeze him at this age ~ I love him. Jake, you make our family feel so complete with your joyful little countenance. Thanks, Buddy. Delivering you was a real doozie, but you really were worth it.

This week is hectic as we visit with friends and try to get our act together before we head down to Cape May for two weeks. Nate is away almost all week and Brooke is off on vacation this week, so I'm keeping us busy playing with friends and going to the pool so that we don't get too overtly sick of one another (i.e so I don't lose my mind).

1 comment:

  1. i've got such a crush on jake..can't wait to see him in august!

    ReplyDelete