Here is Luke flexing for the camera. I know, I know, he's a total stud. I try not to brag ;).
I took this the other night during our nightly Naked~time/Pajama Mama/Spaz hour between dinner and pajamas/bed (I'm editing this to add that Luke is the Naked one ~ Not the Mama.....) . Luke gets into an absolute frenzy, squealing with delight as the clothes come off and he gets to wreak havoc amongst the toys and random delights of his room. I felt about the same way tonight as I stuffed myself into my uber sexy maternity bathing suit for a "water workout" class at the gym.
Sidebar ~ Our gym is a cult. Before we joined I used to call it "the cult", as it seemed that everyone who was a member there was drinking the Gym Kool Aid a la Jim Jones. Now I see why. Any gym that has its own spa, water park, restaurant, and children's programs out the yin yang absolutely positively becomes a sort of mecca to Mom's like me. Speaking of Mom's like me, in the event that I am ever feeling even slightly creative in my decision to get married, make babies, and dare to try to retain my girlish figure (chuckle) all I need do is walk in the door of the "cult" to remind me that I am a dime a dozen. Trite. Common. The Mom's of my gym are legendary. Skinny little things. The bigger I get the smaller they seem. That goes for anyone, by the way......I swear all of my friends at playgroup today appeared waif like and frail.....but I know that its just that they are healthy and normal and to even see a waistline inspires some sort of weird nostalgic wistfulness in me at the moment. I used to have one of those, you know.
Anyhow. Sidebar over. I had an awesome time swimming and jumping around for an hour. I miss the very act of jumping. With the move and the holidays I had not been to the gym in about 4 weeks and I didn't even realize how much I missed it until tonight. I'm now proudly back on track. With only 11 or so weeks left of this pregnancy I figure its now or never.
We also had playgroup this morning, where Luke got to lavish his walking skills amongst his friends. (again, with the move it had been a few weeks since I had been able to go to playgroup, and was missing the interaction with my friends madly). While I stuffed my face Luke lurched around the room like a drunken Frankenstein with beer goggles lavishing wet kisses on the other kids. My kid, the lurching lover.
No comments:
Post a Comment