Monday, January 28, 2008

Showers and Baths





Its been crazy busy lately. I was surprised not once, but TWICE with baby showers this past week. Wednesday the wonderful and amazing and sweet and generous girls from playgroup SHOCKED me with a baby shower. The above pic is of me cutting the cake (and Luke plotting how he can EAT the cake). It was such a sweet and thoughtful gesture and immediately made me cry (more on the crying in a moment). Then on Saturday I went to a "tea" that Deb throws "every year" (wink wink) ~ but instead of it being a tea for her neighbors and a bunch of people that I have never met it was a baby shower with my family and friends! I was S.H.O.C.K.E.D. I was so "showered" with love and gifts just a year ago that the thought of having another baby shower this go round simply never entered my mind. That said, it was wonderful to take some time amidst the people that I love to get to celebrate and anticipate this new little life who is about to join us. Huge thank yous to all who participated (and to all of you sneaky little liars out there ~ I had no idea about either shower!) ~ I simply feel so loved and so happy that we are bringing this new little life into such a supportive and loving environment.

Thank you.

In other news, I seem to have entered into the emotional end weeks of pregnancy. I cried at shower #1. I cried at shower #2. I cried because I was sad that we were moving Luke into his new furniture. I cried when I thought I left my wallet at Starbucks (I didn't). I cried when Nate ate the pizza that I wanted for lunch. I cried when Luke spilled my coffee all over his stuffed animals and rug this morning. Lots of crying. Don't let it fool you ~ I'm very very happy. Simply very very big and very very emotional. We got the nursery (Deuce's) set up yesterday and got all of Luke's new big guy furniture and crib into his room. I am thrilled to say that I love the way that it looks! I went and bought more little tiny hangers today and washed the first load of newborn clothes.....they are now clean and tiny and incredibly sweet hanging in the closet just waiting for a little boy or girl to fill them. I literally started laughing out loud when I pulled out the newborn diapers to fill the drawer today ~ are you KIDDING me? Those things are TINY! I just cant believe how little Luke was. He's over 26 lbs these days and although he is SOOOO my 'baby' I know that one day in a few short weeks he is going to seem like some giant KID in comparison to the wee one we are going to bring home. I'm not sure that I'm really ready for the little guy to become the big guy, if you know what I mean.

Luke has a new trick in the bathtub. He is obsessed with laying down on his belly and sticking his whole face into the water. He sits up laughing and sputtering and wiping the water out of his eyes. He also officially loves the shower ~ Our new shower is inanely huge ~ Nate takes Luke in the shower with him and lets the little guy run around in the water under the spray ~ Luke runs back and forth cracking up. No fear of water in this little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment