Monday, December 31, 2007

The end of 07








The first pic is Luke's reaction to seeing all of the presents that his two sets of Grandparents lavished on him. Lucky kid, as Mom and Dad kept it very very simple this year. A shot of Luke with Becca and I, my cousins with the little ladies man, and one with Mom Mom on Christmas morning round out the group.

Tonight is the grand finale to 07. Luke's birth year rolls to a close at the strike of midnight. I have to say that 07 has (hands down) been the very best year of my life to date. The proverbial cup overfloweth. I'm emotional tonight as I think about where we were this time last year (about 6 weeks away from Luke's birth) Where we are this year (in our new home, with a healthy totally fab little critter we call our son chirping away in the other room) and where we will be in just a few short months (with another baby welcomed into our family).


I feel like I have so much to catch up on, but there simply isn't time at the moment. We went down to the Farmers Market in Suburban Square to try to come up with some wildly creative menu for tonight's meal....but ended up with the same, or very close to the same, thing that we have made the past 4 years now....Filet Mignon and Lobster tail, washed down with a healthy serving of cheesecake. My Sparkling Cider is on ice. Party time. A happy and healthy New Years eve to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment