Julia decided to make Jake "boooootiful". He seemed to like it, or at least found it tasty.
Only issue is that Jake is in a horrible sleeping place right now. I don't know if he is in a growth spurt or what.....he is sleeping from 7 PM till about 8 am.......but with no less than THREE wake up to nurse sessions. I worry that my total inability to let him have daytime sleep consistency due to Biggie and Middle and our schedule is ruining his nighttime sleep. Urgh. This was a breeze with Luke and Julia but we were much more home bound. I'm hoping that we figure this out sooner rather than later. I'm simply unsure how to go to preschool, to the gym, to friends houses etc. and still award Jake a consistent morning and afternoon nap. "Unsure" is a code word meaning "oh crap it is flat out impossible", of course. I'm lucky in that I don't need a ton of sleep and I still feel rested in the mornings, it's more just that I know that physiologically he does not need to eat that often at this age. I wish that he would just realize this, however.
....reading your blog is like reading a great book that I don't want to put down. Lucky for me it never ends and keeps getting better and better!! :)
ReplyDeleteHe is absolutely ADORABLE! Good luck with the sleep!
ReplyDeleteIf it's any consolation, Ben has been in that horrible sleeping place for the last month as well. Went from sleeping through the night to at least three wake-ups to nurse per night. I'm exhausted. And he gets a pretty consistent daytime nap schedule, so I don't think that's it. I think it's teething.
ReplyDeleteT ~ I'm wondering that as he loves to gnaw on his hands ~ Luke and Jules got teeth really late so I have been sortov expecting the same from Jake but I'm hoping that you are right........
ReplyDeleteYES - Ben gnaws on his hands like crazy. Seriously, his fist is ALWAYS in his mouth. And he drools like a faucet. Much different from Rae at this age. He doesn't have any teeth poking through just yet, but he has very hard spots on his gums, so I think it will be soon. Hope J finds some relief soon as well.
ReplyDeleteHoping you and Jake get some uninterupted nighttime sleep! Charlie doesn't get consistant morning naps either...the plight of the 3rd child. And in the above picture, I think he looks like Jules now! Oh and yey for girls weekend!
ReplyDelete