It has been a busy week.
Nate left today for his last airplane-ride-away trip before baby comes and he will be home Friday. We are away this weekend and likely next weekend. We just decided to do a weather dependent trip to Cape May for Mothers Day weekend ~ It may well be a while before we get there again and we would love to spend some days playing in the sand with the kids. Busy trying to get as much in as we can before Trey arrives. I am either in total denial or definitely having this baby late ~ I feel like I am no where near close to birthing a new baby.
Luke and Jules are great. Loud, shockingly good at getting dirty, sweet, feisty, and great.
Julia is going to be out of the only-wear-a-diaper-overnight phase before her brother, which is a little weird. From the moment that she declared that she wanted to wear underwear (and her lazy mother tried to dissuade her!), she has been waking up from her 3+ hour nap dry. So, we ditched the nap diaper about 8 weeks ago, and she hasn't had an accident yet. Now she is waking up from overnight dry as well, so I think that tomorrow night I am going to give it a go diaper free. Fingers crossed. We have started using disposables overnight as I could not justify using only 2 cloth diapers/24 hours ~ I hate letting my diapers sit unwashed for more than 2 or 3 days, and I refuse to run a full load of diaper laundry with only 4 or 6 diapers. I confess to loathing disposables..................so I would love to get both kids off of the overnight diaper gig by the time Trey arrives. Only issue is that Luke wakes up pretty wet, still. Not sure what the best course of action is ~ do I wake him and walk him to the bathroom every night before I go to bed? That sounds slightly annoying, and more like me being trained than him. Dunno. But would love to go to a total diaper less state before new kid comes.
Julia is the queen of pluralization. She prefers to make everything plural, even plural words. She no longer makes a "poop" ~ She makes "poopses". She does not see "sheep" out the window, she sees "sheepses". It makes me laugh and I need to get the child on video. Their new tag team shtick is to "read" to me. This means that at nap and bedtime, they pick a book that they know all of the words too, and shout out every line in tandem and then laugh when I pretend to be amazed at their "reading" skills. They are going to be great big sibs. They are almost weirdly fascinated with new babies. They spent a ton of time at playgroup today ogling Emily ("I love baby Emily! Baby Emily is so CUTE, Mama!""I want a baby like baby Emily!"). The girls in KidZone at the gym tell me that Luke and Jules play together all the time while in there, and that quite frequently they are playing with the little babies. I think that bodes well, though the new kid might be a bit overwhelmed by the onslaught of toddler love. I'm (maybe naively?) not worried about their adjustment to a new baby in the family. They keep one another so busy, I don't worry (too much) about them feeling slighted for attention from me as I am busy nursing or whatever new kid needs.
I'm off to bed. With Nate out of town I am trying to take full advantage of my ability to go to bed early.
Ah, ya gotta love the way they talk. If I yell/reprimand Norah in any way, she'll put her hands on her hips and yell, "You're 'spose not to talk to me that way!"
ReplyDeleteWhat fun.