Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Twins


I remember once complaining about people thinking that the kids were twins. Granted, that was back when Luke was walking and talking and Jules was like 8 months old......but these days they seem like twins, even to me, much of the time. We just started pulling out some baby things and the kids find them endlessly entertaining.

In other news, Luke's new nickname is "the Detective". He has come to realize that Nate and I have a whole life without him at night. He wakes up in the morning and is obsessed with figuring out just what it was that he did the night before while he was sleeping. It goes something like this:

"Mama what is this cup?"

Thats my tea cup Luke, I was drinking tea last night.

"Was Daddy drinking tea, too?"

Yes.

"Did you eat anything, like ice cream, while you drank tea?"

Yes, we did.

"And I was upstairs sleeping?"

Yeah buddy, you were asleep.

"And did you watch TV with Daddy?"

Yes.

"What did you watch? Was it a mean show? Were there guns* in it?"

Yes, we watched a show called "The Wire", it was for grownups.

"Did you miss me, Mama?"

Yes buddy, we always miss you when you are sleeping.

I love it. I keep waiting for it to affect his going to bed ~ but thusfar his nighttime routine remains unchanged. Luke and Jules now go to bed at the same time ~ which is nap dependent. They always go down at 1 and if they wake up at 3.30 they go to bed at 7.30, if they wake up after 4 they go to bed at 8. Consolidating one nap and bedtime routine has been just awesome and has us in a good place with a newborn coming. They then sleep till 7 (Luke) and 8 (Jules). If I could special order one trait for this baby it would be that it is as good of a sleeper as its older sibs. Sleep makes life better. They are happy, they are rested, and I am happy and rested. May the nap thing last a long, LONG time.

*Luke read "Bambi" with my Mom over Easter, and then one more time since. It has spawned many discussions about guns, lately. Stupid Bambi. *

2 comments:

  1. Why do you eat ice cream before bed mama?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they do indeed appear to be twins. They are really going to have a wonderful friend in each other.

    ReplyDelete