Thursday, August 7, 2008

Un-Favre~able for my marriage




My marriage is in trouble.

With fall looming on the horizon, the worst possible football trade has been made.

Brett Favre is a Jet.

I can't stand Brett Favre. I really can't.

I know he seems to be a good guy. He appears to be happily married and a great father. He volunteers for charities. He never gets arrested or shoots up nightclubs at 2 am like some NFL "hero's". Super.

His disgusting pandering to the media just rubs me wrong. The whole "Brett Favre's Dad" saga of a few years ago. The press conferences. The retirement talk EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. The retirement. The un-retirement (before he had even been "retired" for a single day of the season!) The reinstatement. The recent "Brett Favre's airplane stakeout". The drama. Brett Favre thrives on drama. Its like he walks around with his own personal theme song playing at all times. And now he is a Jet.

My husband is going to be utterly insufferable this season. I may need to move.

Its not going to help that I am not optimistic about the Eagles season.

I will try to be a good wife. I will try to support my husband. I will try not to laugh in his face when Favre throws some of his trademark panicked lame duck interceptions. I will try not to laugh at his comparisons to Joe Montana and Kurt Warner and the great careers that they went on to have after leaving the teams for which they had been franchise players (yes, those comparisons have already started.)

One line in the sand that I have to draw. There will be NO. FAVRE. JERSEYS. in my house. That's all I ask. And Luke and Julia, please, for the love of all that is good and right, please please please grow up to be Eagles Fans.

7 comments:

  1. There's no Favre in hockey! Might as well switch allegiances now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you! I can't stand the whole saga and have grown tired of Fav-rah. He's such an attention hound.
    --Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fly EAGLES Fly...
    Totally agree with your comments re: Farve. Guy can't even pronounce his name correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke and Julia seem like really smart kids ~ no chance they become J-E-T-S fans, no matter how good a guy their Dad is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe they'll be REALLY smart and be Cowboys fans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to teach Luke and Julia not to be haters like all the Eagles fans. stop picking on B R E T T Brett Brett Brett. the Baby Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aunt Dee will do her utmost best to deter your children from the dark side.....GO EAGLES!

    ReplyDelete