Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sneaky like Me




So Luke has the sneaky gene, just like his Mama. (I would like to say that Nate plays a part, but Nate is such a bad bad liar that I really cant even categorize him as sneaky. He gives himself away before he even has the chance to be sneaky) (That is a compliment Nate :)) Anyway. Luke has this new face. I see it whenever I turn around and catch him right after he has put a piece of dog food or some other contraband into his mouth. He honest to God affects this "innocent" big eyed look as he shifts the offending item into the side of his mouth. His face just SCREAMS, "absolutely nothin to look at here Mom, no siree.....nothing going on here at all" as he locks his jaw to keep my probing finger from fishing out whatever the item is. Then he affects total moral outrage that I feel the need to fish out the item. It completely reminds me of the "gum shift" that I used to do frequently when chewing gum in class during highschool. God help us.

We are boxing up the computers today, so I may not be on here as frequently in the coming couple of days. The movers come tomorrow, and then we settle on both houses and move into our new house on Friday. I cant wait. The house is done, just getting cleaned at this point, so we are ready to go. We still have some last things left to pack up but all things considered we are in great shape. Luke is going to playgroup today with sweet Laura who offered to take him so that Nate and I could get the rest of the house packed away. Im so jealous but so happy that even if I cant go he can go hang with all of his little buddies. HUGE thanks again to all of the friends and family who have helped us this past 2 weeks.

OH! Luke took 4 steps in a row last night ~ our kid is WALKING!

3 comments:

  1. i can't believe he's a walker...time flies. make sure you keep a package of tp out so it's ready as your are moving in :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the walking...yay Luke! I just wanted to wish you guys good luck with the move and getting settled in your new digs.

    ~Karly
    (KarlysKBug)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Luke!

    Good luck with your move. Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete