I really, truly, didn't think that anything on earth could get Julia to wear one of her brothers shirts. All it took, however, was my mention of something called "orange day" (which I was informed of via email on, like Sunday, not that I would have gone out and gotten something special, anyway, I suppose).....on Monday, and Jules went tearing upstairs to look through her drawers and closet.
She came downstairs with a quivery lip saying that she didn't have anything.
I came up with an orange sweatshirt. It was, of course, going to be 90. When I went up to pick something out for Luke, I found this T shirt that my Mom had bought his eons ago. When I suggested it to Jules, her eyes lit up, and she screamed "YES! I WILL FIND SOMETHING TO MATCH WITH IT" and when I went into her room she had the entire ensemble laid out, shirt, skirt, shoes....all ready to go. Jake, of course, isn't going to camp, but Luke insisted that he wear Orange, too.
It was my first day driving today in 4 full weeks. 4 weeks ago today our lives all changed rapidly and without warning, mine, of course, the most so.
I'm still struggling, to be honest. Simple things take me twice as long, and my hip still hurts a lot. I get overheated and frustrated easily, and my patience with the healing process can wear thin. I know that I am getting better but that does not always mean that the days are easy.
Having the time alone with Jake is nice, and after running myself quite ragged today, I look forward to a more restful day tomorrow. Tomorrow is "Blue day". Julia has chosen her outfit carefully, and I just may die trying to get all three kids into the very un handicapped camp (which happens to be at their school, which happens to be at a church, and camp happens to start in the sanctuary, which happens to be up TWO SETS of steps, which happens to feel very unchristian like to this Mom of three on crutches). And THAT is all I have to say about THAT.
No comments:
Post a Comment