So this was a first. Sunday I went to the gym. We got home later than normal (12) I scurried to make lunch for the kids before naps (bigs at 1, smalls at 12:30). I was putting my own lunch together when Luke said.....Mom, Jake is asleep. I glanced up to find my boy soundly asleep sitting up in his highchair. A first.
Today, we had a similar day. Cleaned the house before I met my friends for a run and a class at the gym. Add in some post class talk time, and we didn't get home till 12:20. Quickly went into militia mode and made grilled cheese and cut up fruit. I finally sat down to hear "Jake is asleep again!" from Luke.
Got this sleep eating episode on my iPhone. (dork). This was after my laughter woke him from his sound sleep, and into this sleep eating episode.
He is not looking down. He is full on sleeping and chewing. If you listen carefully, you can hear his own snores wake him up enough to keep on chewing (if this downloads properly, anyway. I just tried to preview it and don't know if it all came through).
I carried this limp little tired snoring body upstairs and he slept until he woke up at 2:30 and I carried him into my room where he nursed and we slept for another hour, just like the 4 days before.
I can say that this has been a wonderful week, its been really different than I imagined it. I've gotten in the tub for a long read, and then taken a nap every day while the kids nap. While I miss Nate like crazy, we are into this. We meet friends at the gym or the pool every day. We eat lunch. They nap, I nap. We go on an excursion for a walk around town/shopping/haircut etc every afternoon, as dinners are hastily put together and/or shoddy. I bathe them every other day, one night smalls, the next night, the bigs. Nurse baby. A show for bigs while I lay with them or fold laundry. Several books. Sleep. Repeat.
Mornings, since Nate isn't in bed with me, I wake up at 6. I lay in bed and read. I hear Jake around 6:30, and bring him into my bed (vs. downstairs like normal, where he nurses while I am on my computer) and he nurses till 7 or 7:30. Sometime in that mix Luke, and then Julia appear and climb in my bed all bed headed and sleepy and sweet. I have sleepyhead kid in bed time until I can no longer take the stink of Jake's morning poop, and we all roll downstairs together. So fun! So wonderful to lay in my big bed with the bigs taking turns loving on Jake while he nurses and periodically makes us all laugh!
I throw in a load or two of laundry. Pick up the CSA share. Talk on the phone. Do computer stuff (necessary and unnecessary). The kids can be loud in the house as Nate isn't working. We talk about "team" a lot.
This is great. Can't wait to see Nate tomorrow....till then, thriving.
I will say that talking to Nate every day also makes me appreciate what he is doing all that much more. He is working his tail off. I am so proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment