Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Phone calls

I spent the morning getting bloodwork, meeting friends at the gym for a workout, coming home for lunch, putting Jake down, cooking dinner, meeting Bec and Rich at the pool with my date Jake, picking up our CSA, and coming home for dinner. Tonight Nate gave Jake a shower, and I put him to bed, after a (relatively) glamorously late dinner of 6:20. We are party animals.

At one point I was doing the dishes and Nate was studying. I decided to call the kids. It was busy. Right as I heard the busy signal I heard Nate leaving a voice mail for his parents. It made me laugh out loud to think that we were both thinking of the kids and needing to hear from them at the exact same moment. It is amazing how the whole schedule bit works.....I find myself unfettered at times during my day when we are off schedule......and it doesn't matter at all. So ,SO free! Crazy. No dismissing the role that any parent of one plays....but this having multiple kids gig is exponentially harder. MY HOUSE IS SO CLEAN.

Anyway. Talked to the kids on the phone tonight.

Snippets:

Julia woke up Grandpa by grabbing his hand and saying "Grandma said that the amusement park is open, you have to wake up now!"

She led him directly into the bathroom and told him she needed a comb. He thought that she wanted it. Instead she insisted "Comb your hair, Grandpa!". He complied. She looked at him and said "Comb it more, Grandpa!". I swear my sister has to be having a boy solely because my daughter inherited my sisters gift for fashion/makeup/perfection etc...

*

I said to Luke (after hearing about a day of rides and ice cream): You must be EXHAUSTED!

To which he replied: No! I'm still LUKE, Mama!"

*

Then he told me that Julia dunked Grandpa on the Lazy River ("Mama they call it a lazy river because it goes soooooooo slowly!"). He said that it was boys vs. girls. He said that Grandpa kept trying to push the girls under the waterfall, but Julia dunked him. I have no idea what actually went down, but I love the image of Julia as heroine.

*

Next was the tale of the "snack" before they left!

Luke: "You will never guess what we had for a snack, Mama!?"

Me: Popcorn?

Luke: NO! COOOOOOKIEEEEES! And we didn't even take a nap!

I'm thrilled that they are having so much fun. I have the worlds best inlaws.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids crack me up. Wish you could send them here for a week. ;)

    ReplyDelete