We spent Saturday at the Villanova/Richmond game. It is (finally!) cold out and the kids enjoyed watching the game with their first hot chocolates of the season in hand (and on face).
Saturday night was a late night for us as we went out to our favorite sushi place with some good friends. One of the most unfair aspects of parenting young kids is that no matter how late I go to bed, they wake up at the same time! Sunday was a lazy day of football and cooking and long naps and general gearing up for the big night. After an early dinner we got the kids dressed, and hit up our neighbors and friends right nearby. We piled in the car to drive the 4 miles to Mom Mom and Pop Pop's, then over to Aunt Bec and Uncle Rich's house. From there, we headed the two blocks to our old Biddle St. neighborhood. It was perfect, just one block, both sides, lots of old friends, the kids could walk and we carried Jake, and they had a fantastic time.
Much candy was collected. No tears were shed. Very little candy was eaten (by next year I bet this will be more of a challenge, this year they were most excited by looking at it and collecting it, I don't know that the reality of eating it all has even hit them yet).
Today we started a new family tradition by heading to Linvilla Orchard with Alexis, Samantha, Aunt Millie and Mom Mom. It was C.O.L.D but free of the pre-halloween insanity. We saw the animals, the scarecrows, played on the playground, and got a chance to get some fresh air and shake the sugar out of our systems.
I'm beat. Candles lit, fireplace warming me, kids in bed (first ever family movie night was tonight ~ the kids looked so cute cuddled up on either side of Nate eating their popcorn.). Nate and I are hot on their heels, it seems. Halloween chocolate hangover.
I can't believe that soon we will be decorating for Christmas. I dreamed of snow last night.
I Love the idea of post-halloween Linvilla - such fun! And I meant to post before that I loved Mom Mom Jules visiting you as a cardinal. So perfect.
ReplyDelete