Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy half, big guy.


Jake turned 6 months old a couple of days ago. I cannot believe that it has been 6 months since I woke up to my water breaking! I find the rate at which time is passing to be very unfair......I turn around and another month is gone, another milestone reached.

We had his 6 month visit today. It appears he is reallocating calories into height, he weighs 22.2 lbs and is 29 3/4 inches long, which shocks me to the point of wondering if the nurse got an accurate measurement. That is what Luke was in height at a year, I think. Either way, he is a big tall boy, with the requisite Mangan melon head. He is doing all of the things that he is supposed to do, barring getting ear infections, which was something that his big sibs had a real talent for yet Jake has yet to experience.

At 6 months Jake sleeps through the night most every night. He goes down around 6.45 and sleeps till either 5 or 6, and then I can get another hour of nursing in bed in with him, generally. Some mornings, like today, we get up at the wonderful, beautiful, 7 am. Other days, the painful cold dark 6. He is a jolly little boy, he loves to smile, he loves to watch his big sibs, he loves to be close to his Mama. He loves to eat, solids have been met with enthusiasm (and impatience, don't get distracted while feeding Jake, or you might lose a hand). The bathtub or our bathroom are probably his favorite things ~ as soon as we get up to our bathroom he smiles and starts flailing his arms and legs to get down ~ he just loves to be naked and crawl around our bathroom, for some reason. All in all I feel like Jake just slid easily and seamlessly into our family. The transition from 2 to 3 kids really was easy....much easier than going from 1 to 2 kids, to me.

Jake, big fella, you are now closer to one than to none. I love you so much, thank you for being such a sweetheart, a great nurser, a good sleeper ( now, you little bugger, I will never forget those first 8 weeks or so), and thank you so much for completing our family. I love looking around the table and seeing the faces that I plan to spend the rest of my life loving on.

4 comments:

  1. Catching up :). Can't believe Jake is six months old -- what a lovie. Luke looks so much older to me in your recent pics. Oi. Time is going too quickly. Miss you dear. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. He is so sweet. If you're gonna stop at 3, you sure picked a great baby to cap it all off with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! times is flying too fast! i miss all your babes :)

    ReplyDelete