Yesterday Tracy, Pete and Laura showed up laden with tons of food. We spent the beautiful summery afternoon outside on the deck ~ and we got spoiled. They cooked/cleaned/fed us so well. It was so nice for me to be outside (the first time since Tuesday night ~ How sad is that?), to laugh and forget about being hurty and worn out. To see other people love on my sweet Jake and to start to focus on how life is so very, very rich and good. We passed out in bed by 9 and Jake was so very good to us sleep wise.
This morning my parents took the kids to the park and we bought a new couch and love seat. I am going to be having a bonfire out back with the chair-who-has-haunted-me-and-shall-live-no-more if anyone wants to come over. I rested, the kids came home for naps fed and so so happy, and we all slept some.
Jake had a photo shoot this afternoon :) Silvina came over to take his newborn pics for a birth announcement. It was so much fun to do nothing but stare at my newborn and his glorious pink fuzzy naked skin for over 2 hours. He christened two of her beautiful blankets........nothing like that seedy marinade to really break a beautiful blanket in. It was seriously so much fun to watch my big cheeked sharpei-skinned baby bent up like a pretzel in all of his twisty newborn glory. I well know that all Mama's think that their baby is strong ~ but Jake is honestly weirdly strong. He launched his body off of the pillow several times in a way that I have seen 3 month olds do. We actually had to abandon that pose because of the springy and determined little fellow.
The kids and Nate are out at a BB at the Boyds. I'm sitting here eating delish leftovers from yesterday and then making my way upstairs to get newby into his PJ's, take a shower, and settle in with some ice cream to nurse a lot and watch the Flyers. Jake's Grandma and Grandpa are coming down tomorrow and I can't wait to introduce them to their 9th grandchild!!!
Lastly: sitting up in my bed and hearing the rest of the family functioning makes me miss the kids terribly. It also creates some funny overhearing.
This AM as I sat in bed I heard the following while Nate was feeding the kids breakfast (this can be a busy time due to lack of adequate caffeination and both kids having stored up extra doses of talkativeness and antsyness overnight) .
N "Who wants a beat down?" (he is joking, obvs)
J~ "ME! I WANT A BEAT DOWN!!!"
L~ "NO NO NOT JULIA I WANT A BEAT DOWN"
J~ (starting to cry) "DADA PLEASE? PLEASE DADA? I WANT A BEAT DOWN."
I started laughing hard enough to hurt my stitches.
i don't know why, but i am in tears looking at these pic and reading your updates. just love yopu guys so much!
ReplyDeletejen
I am crying reading the beat down part oh my god I love you kids! All three of them!
ReplyDelete