Sunday, May 23, 2010

The big Sibs




Luke was calling my name at 5 am yesterday, he never wakes up then.

I went into his bedroom. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "Nothing Mama, I just wanted to give the new baby a hug". I stepped closer to his bed, he threw his arms around my belly and said "Oh, I love you new baby, I can't wait to meet you", then said ~ "Thank you Mama, night night" and then rolled over and went back to sleep.

I think that the kids are ready. I am so excited for them to meet this new person who is going to be part of their life as long as they live. We are all ready. 5 days till my due date. Any day now.

2 comments:

  1. oh, luke is SO SWEET. that really made me teary!
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so amazing how excited luke and jules are for this baby - you should write a book on how to prepare kids to be big sibs - you've clearly done it the right way. I can't wait till baby trey comes to be who he/she IS, instead of being "JUST LIKE" someone else.

    ReplyDelete