
So Jake celebrated turning two days old by coming home to his family. I'm so disoriented as to the day of the week that I can't believe he was less than 48 hours old when we got home ~ I feel like he has been here forever already :). I can't tell you what a relief it was to get out of the hospital and home to my babies. Huge thanks to my Mom and Dad for being here with the kids while Nate picked Jake and I up, for having the house clean, the laundry done, the kids happy, and a mouthwatering dinner ready and waiting for us. I don't know that I could have left the hospital so early without your help. Jake's homecoming brought good luck to his Uncle Ricky who sunk his first hole in one yesterday while golfing with my Dad, and to Roy Halliday of the Phillies, who threw a perfect game last night. Unfortunately the Flyers could not pull off the trifecta by winning game one of the Stanley Cup finals, but we have big hopes for them to bring home the Cup, just like they did in '75 the week that I was born. Luke and Julia are in love with little Jake. They hug him and kiss him and say "I love you baby Jake!" all day long. So far no jealousy or weirdness, though I know that there is plenty of time for those sorts of things to rear their heads. Jake took his first spin in the swing, pooped a lot, and celebrated milkfest 2010 with the arrival of my milk. His first night in our bed wasn't too bad, though I will say that my soreness is making nursing in bed hard ~ he hasn't yet mastered latching on while I am laying down, so I have to sit up, let him latch, then try to lay down with him attached and I have no stomach muscles. So, a bit awkward, and hugely painful. We will get the hang of it. My Mom and Dad have Luke and Julia out to church then swimming all morning, Nate is off buying a new TV and a new breast pump for me, and Jake and I are just laying around loving one another in bed all morning. He seems so much older than not-yet-three-days to me! He is a STRONG little boy and I am just enthralled with him. I am hoping that by the end of the week I am physically feeling better, until then I am doing my best to just hunker down and rest rest rest. I am also trying not to think about the birth right now to just give myself time before I am able to start processing it all. I admit to looking at the ton of pics we have of labor and pushing here at home about 89 times already. Every time I cry. I am also trying to have extra patience with Luke and Jules as I recognize that this transition is huge for them, and that they don't understand why I am moving so slow/in so much pain. Thank God for my parents and thank God for Nate and thank God for all of the friends lining up to bring us dinners ~ I love all of you guys so much. Big thanks to everyone, I don't know how we could be doing this without you.
Melissa I had tears in my eyes while reading...he looks like he's been in this world for months rather than days...he just looks so...comfortable!! Again, can't wait to meet him and see you and hear the story once you've processed all of it..what an amazingly beautiful family you have!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you're home and have so much help. Rest and enjoy your family, mama. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteHe's so beautiful. So sweet and so, experienced looking. I hope all is going well and you're getting the rest you need!
ReplyDeleteTry and go easy on yourself, supermom. Much love to the whole crew.
ReplyDeletelove these photos - what an incredible big boy he is! can't wait to meet him soon.
ReplyDelete