Happy Memorial Day, all.
A wonderful weekend down the shore behind us, I feel about as tired as those two babies passed out in the stroller in the beach.
It was a great time of family, two gorgeous beach days, lots of runs and walks on the boardwalk, fantastic food, a trip to the Cape May Zoo, and even the catching of Luke's first fish (thanks Uncle Pete :)).
We decided to get out week off to an easier start by coming home today in stead of tomorrow, and I am glad that we did. Jules is out cold, Nate is putting Luke down now, and I am already dreaming about the giant plate of strawberry shortcake that I am bringing to bed with me. I's tired. "Vacation" with two kids is so much work, but so much reward. Seeing Luke and Jules chase seagulls, or throw stones into the chilly Atlantic, build sandcastles, play golf in the yard, go on bike rides and beach walks and eat ice cream cones brings me inordinate joy. Summer is officially ON.
Hope that everyone had a great weekend, enjoyed the sunshine here on the East Coast, and had a happy kick off to what is officially the longest summer in 11 years. We are sporting tans, mosquito bites, scraped knees, and sandy ears to prove that it is off to a good start. Cheers to the summer ahead.
We had so much fun with you and the kids. This is going to be a fun summer! Can't wait for the next weekend getaway!
ReplyDeleteI cannot decisde who the kids look more like. They look like sibs for sure, but have very different actual features. I think that Luke is all you. passing out like that in the shade on the beach is my version of heaven ~ but oh, I would have had a pina colada (or four) first of course
ReplyDelete