Luke and Julia now play catch together, and kick the ball back and forth to one another. They just started shooting hoops together today.
I admit to being hopelessly addicted to all things athletic, and Nate is the same way. To see our kids standing in the living room kicking the ball back and forth to one another and clapping and cheering for each other made me unduly proud and excited. To see Luke hitting his (hilariously out sized golf club, thanks Aunt Jenny!) while he shouts "Go in dat hole!" makes me so excited. The two of them played basketball together in the living room today for the first time. Luke kept shouting "Ammost Julja!" as she missed time and time again.
I don't care what my kids do. I don't care if they love gardening, or cross-stitching, or playing the tuba, or painting murals. I do distinctly have a secret little hope that they love (like? tolerate?) sports, solely because they have been such a huge part of our lives, and have made such a positive impact in our lives. I (very selfishly) would love it if they play golf as I can already visualize Jules and I beating Nate and Luke on 18 someday. Could I really be so lucky as to get to see Jules playing field hockey? Or Luke strapping on football pads? Is that wrong~ to hope that, just a little bit? Are we really supposed to not hope that our kids like what we like? I will NEVER (mark my freaking words) be one of those pushy demanding sports parents who are living vicariously through their children. Ever. But, I can say that if they happen to like all things ball someday like they do now, it will be a great common ground for us to meet on.
Anyway. The No's went away today. I don't know if Luke was just out of whack from having so many different caregivers during our vacation, if he was spoiled from all of the extra hands/love, if he was secretly angry at me for being away and unable to articulate it, or (this was my deep dark nasty evil degrading thought today ~ Maybe he was angry that I was back? ;/)..........but whatever it was today the sun shone again in our home.
Nate comes home tomorrow. Enjoy the pics, Nate. The kiddos miss you. Jules walks around the house with anything square pressed up to her ear saying "Hi Da Da!" over and over and over.........and when asked, Luke says "Da Da workin, Da Da airplane".
I can't wait to see them welcome you home tomorrow.
The cuteness is unreal! I think its so great how they play together!
ReplyDeleteJules' mohawk swaying in the wind is cracking me up!
ReplyDeleteJen, she looks like some sort of tufted woodpecker or something, doesnt she? It made me laugh too :)
ReplyDeletego team mangan!
ReplyDeleteJulias dress is the cutest thing ever! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI love J's expression, just priceless. They are so fortunate to have each other for siblings.
ReplyDelete