Monday, March 16, 2009

Thanks to All!





For the prayer, for the phone calls, for the blog comments, or facebook messages, or email, or text, or whatever crazy means of communication we have these days!

Jules is great. We got the the surgery center at 8.30 am and were home by 10.30. It was like baby-ear-tube-factory in there! I could just picture all of these sweet little babies lined up, conveyor belt style, for a little slash/implant/slash/implant treatment.

The staff was awesome. The Dr was fantastic. Nate and I were so proud of our sweet girl. No freaking out, no worries, no separation anxiety, no nothing.

The only thing that surprised me was the blood. It is an uncomfortable thing to see blood coming out of your baby girls ears, even with the reassurance that it is normal.

6 days on ABX, and Jules still had infected ears today at surgery time. Our girl is an anatomical poster child for ear tubes.

I am so grateful for insurance. I am so grateful for the support of friends and family. I am so grateful for great Doctors. I am so grateful that we are talking about tubes here, not something far more grave.

I can tell you that I have never been more grateful for nursing than I was today. When we were first brought into the recovery room, Jules was crying and upset. The moment she started nursing her heart rate dropped, her crying stopped, and my sweet girl fell peacefully asleep in my arms. Within 30 minutes we were safely at home.

I think that my girl is about to enjoy a whole new era ~ the joy of ear pain free living, for the first time since October.

Hey ~ HAPPY ST. PATTIES DAY EVE TO EVERYONE!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your little Jules came through the procedure fine. Here's to no more ear pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll continue to pray for quick healing and no more infections. She needs to get all better in time for the pool season! Get well soon, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo! Good news for little Irish Jules! Give her lots of extra hugs and love while she recovers. JHB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that is all over with and all is well. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go JULES! I'm glad everything went awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea for tubes!!!!
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank god for that tiny invention, it will make the world of difference. Lots of love, AMY

    ReplyDelete