Monday, March 23, 2009

Celebrating







It's been a long weekend. My head is still spinning and quite frankly, I am exhausted. Saturday was Becca's bachelorette party, and Sunday we had 40 or so people here for Julia's first birthday party. I felt so lucky to be surrounded by friends and family yesterday, and to all of you who came I love you all and I thank you for loving my daughter! Julia really seemed to enjoy the attention (and the cake!) and played the part of birthday girl very gracefully.

Julia had her 12 month well baby visit today (at 7.30 am, what was I thinking????). She is a healthy 30 inches and 22.7 lbs, 80th% for height and 70th% for weight. Dr was thrilled that we are still nursing and was impressed with the few words that you are using already (uh-oh, bye-bye, no.no.no, Ma Ma, Da Da, and night night). She was able to see Jules tubes and said that everything appeared to be healing beautifully. Jules got two shots, and took them like a champ (I had forgotten that shots move from the leg to the arm at one........she was looking me in the eyes when she got it (ugh) and the first one only made her wince.....the second one made her ANGRY for about 5 seconds and then the storm passed. Ugh)

I am so grateful to have a happy and healthy one year old. Here is to a great year ahead, sweet Jules. I still need to jot down my memories of you at one, but I simply lack the energy at the moment. Will try to gather up some wit and some energy here soon.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl you have. I'm glad your celebration was a success! Happy 1st year Julia!

    You've got a healthy little kid on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on one year, sweet girl.

    Melis~that picture of the two of you is beautiful. You two are some stunning ladies. Congrats on surviving the first year of two under two...and making it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melis I know I never comment on your blog, but....Happy Birthday to your beautiful, sweet sweet girl!! Also glad to hear the tube "installation" went well! I think about you guys all the time and love the fact that I can keep up through your amazing blog. I'll be in touch soon for one of our lunches!! Big kisses to Jules and Luke!!

    ReplyDelete