Sunday, March 15, 2009

Surgery

Baby Jules feeling pensive on the back deck

Friday afternoon book fest in the playroom

Julia, rocking the teeny tiniest ponytail known to man. We call her "Spike"



Julia's surgery is early tomorrow morning. I just tucked the sweet little thing into bed after giving her lots of extra hugs and kisses. I know that this is the right thing to do, and I know (in my head) that it isn't a big deal......but still...its the heart part that is hard for me.



I had thought that I was doing great with everything. Then, about 10 days ago CHOP called to go through the pre surgery information. I was doing fine, no worries, no fears, no hesitation. Then the nurse got to the part where she explained to me how they would put Jules in hospital PJ"s, and give her something to drink to relax her before taking her away from us. I started crying. I know its not a big deal. I just hate hate hate the thought of her not knowing what is going on. I hate the thought of having to hand my baby over, even with the knowledge that it is in her best interest.


Two days after that conversation I was back at the Dr's after 2 long nights and two days of 102 fever....and yet another ear infection was to blame. At this point, I am just dying to put these damn things behind us. Poor kid has had an ear infection since October, it seems.



Any extra prayers or good thoughts (or Valium?) that you have laying around would be much appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how scared I'd be! You've got our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jules! Trust me though, it'll be way harder on you than it will be on her. Watching your baby go under and then come out of anesthesia is the least fun thing ever. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good thoughts for you and your baby girl today. Kailey had a small procedure at 6 months and I was a wreck too. The anesthesia really is the worst part. {hugs}

    And can I say that I would really love to come over to bookfest. Put me on the VIP list, k?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thinking about you and Jules today! She'll be great - i just know this is the best thing for her. big hugs-JHB

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sweater dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thoughts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much girlies.

    And Karly, darling, you would be the most honored VIP guest to EVAH grace our humble bookfest.....as long as you bring your awesome kids, of course. That way they can keep one another busy while we sit and talk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cried talking to the anethsteologist :( i was so embarrassed, but when he asked if i had any questions or concerns i blurted out "that he'll never wake up again!!!"

    ah, mothering
    jen

    ReplyDelete