Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snaggletooth






Baby girl has a top tooth. It's not just ANY top tooth, however. It's the biggest top baby tooth I have ever seen. I am fascinated by it. I swear it appears to be as wide as one of MY teeth. I can't wait to see it all the way in. And I am assuming that it has an equally giant top tooth mate, who is just about to burst through. She is tolerating it well, other than the 6 am wakeups (ugh) the random crying jags, (ugh), the rivers of drool, the resulting diaper, uh, changes, and then redness to accompany that. Other than those few things, it's been a breeze ;).

To offset her pain, she has become the worlds funniest kisser. Baby girl loves to give out kisses. Thing is, she sticks out her bottom lip, goes in for the kiss, and does not move away. It makes me laugh so hard I think that I scare her. I see how long she can go, just smashed up against my face, lip to lip, eye to eye. I end it every time because I can't keep myself from laughing. I really think that Jules could stay in a kiss for hours. I love it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that last pic is just great! I remember when Norah first started getting her tops, I was utterly fascinated by them as well. Poor kid, I kept prying her mouth open to see that tiny little sliver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soleil has the same thing going on. 2 on the bottom and the top 2 poking halfway through ~ those suckers are LARGE.

    Jules is beautiful as always, even if she's teething & grumpy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, she gets so angry when I try to poke around in there. My new trick is to hold her upside down and tickle her, she laughs so hard and gives me a great view of the gigantic chomper.

    Thanks MJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing at your comment, Melis...that's exactly our tactic, tickle and peek. Fascinating little critters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, teething. Not fun :(

    Paxton has EIGHT and will hopefully take a drool break soon!

    Glad she is doing well with tolerating it all :)

    ReplyDelete