
First ruptured eardrum.
Remember my whiny post about not getting sleep due to Julia's teething? Yeah......it wasn't teething. Simply a poor baby with a throbbing ear. Jules had an ear infection over Christmas that apparently did not go away. No fever. No other symptoms than the night waking, which I had attributed to teething.
Nope.
Nope.
My poor girl had an another waking at night episode last night ~ I was up with her from 3-4.30 and could not get her to go back to sleep. She finally went down, and slept until 8.30. I got her in the tub right after she awoke as we had friends coming over this morning. I was washing her face when I noticed stuff in her ear. Gross stuff. Stuff that I won't go into detail on. Stuff that very clearly did not belong there. That happened two more times, and I took her in around 2 this afternoon to confirm my suspicions that her ear drum had, in fact ruptured.
I got all teary in the Dr's office. I felt horrible guilt for not knowing what was hurting her, and for coming to the wrong conclusion in blaming her discomfort on her teeth.
I hate seeing my child in pain.
Hopefully she will be on the mend ASAP. We got her first dose of ear drops and antibiotic into her tonight.
Sorry, baby girl.
I completely know what it's like to watch your baby be sick and not know the cause for their pain. In the end all that matters is that she is getting better and you'll both be 100% in no time! HUGS!
ReplyDeleteAwww..I'm so sorry to hear that. Now that I'm a mother I can finally understand how hard that would be for both Julia and you!
ReplyDeleteAwww..poor baby girl! Don't beat yourself up...your title is Mom, no M.D.
ReplyDeleteoops, NOT M.D.
ReplyDeleteMost of the time we don't know Sam has an ear infection until we are at the doctor for something else. You'd think after about 2 years, we'd know by now...
ReplyDeleteOh man... I'm so sorry Julia (and you) have to go through this. Hope her ear heals quickly. HUGS to you both. Wendy
ReplyDeletei actually researched otoscopes b/c we went through so many of these nights before realizing will had an earache (our dr talked me out of playing dr :) ). jules will NEVER remember the pain, only that mama made her feel better!
ReplyDeleteHope she is feeling better.
ReplyDelete