Dads are different than Moms. They just are. It's an important and necessary difference, yet strange all the same. I walked downstairs and into this melee the other day. I love it that Nate is such a hands on Dad. I love the way that he takes time to play with the kids, and that he gets to spend so much time with them on a daily basis. However, within that play time, some of the games that he creates illustrate some of the innate differences between us.
I remember the time that Nate was away on a business trip. Luke and I were rolling around and tickling one another, just being silly and giggly and cuddly, and suddenly he bit my finger, while continuing to laugh and giggle. He bit is HARD. Totally out of nowhere. Instantly I feared that Luke was about to turn into a biting, horrible kid......but as the day went on he was my normal sweet guy and another biting incident didn't take place. That night as I was talking to Nate on the phone I was telling him the story and my fears. It seemed unusually quiet on the other end of the phone. Finally I hear this sheepish little "Oh.....that might be my fault" from Nate. When I asked him what he was talking about he explained to me how he and Luke play this little "game" where Nate pretends to bite Luke's fingers and it's this big hilarious thing. Oh. Awesome game. A biting game! How fun! So biting is fun! Maybe we can make a hitting game too! Or a play with matches game! Rock on!
I remember the time that Nate was away on a business trip. Luke and I were rolling around and tickling one another, just being silly and giggly and cuddly, and suddenly he bit my finger, while continuing to laugh and giggle. He bit is HARD. Totally out of nowhere. Instantly I feared that Luke was about to turn into a biting, horrible kid......but as the day went on he was my normal sweet guy and another biting incident didn't take place. That night as I was talking to Nate on the phone I was telling him the story and my fears. It seemed unusually quiet on the other end of the phone. Finally I hear this sheepish little "Oh.....that might be my fault" from Nate. When I asked him what he was talking about he explained to me how he and Luke play this little "game" where Nate pretends to bite Luke's fingers and it's this big hilarious thing. Oh. Awesome game. A biting game! How fun! So biting is fun! Maybe we can make a hitting game too! Or a play with matches game! Rock on!
The above is another one of Nate's games. He got the idea to teach Luke a 3 & 4 point stance, and then teach him how to jump up out of the stance, and run and tackle. Cool, right?
Only the tackling dummy that Nate was using in this game was the giant glass sliding door. As soon as Luke did it once in front of me Nate turned to me and went "Oh. I guess that having him run full speed into the glass door probably is a bad idea, isn't it?"
Yes dear, it is.
Daddies are kinda their own special (not always logical) brand of awesome, huh?
ReplyDeleteAnd Luke is lookin' good with his tackle! (Let's hope Julia isn't the next dummy).
Maybe not the best game in the world but definite prep for when he's a linebacker for the Eagles! They have to start training early you know. (Paxton has already begun his kicker training!)
ReplyDeletemike's middle name is "oh, maybe that wasn't a good idea". included instances were teaching Julia to call poops "cosby kids" so she tells her teacher she has to "drop the cosby kids off at the pool" when she needs the bathroom, and that "freaking crap" is a good substitute to express anger.
ReplyDeleteSorry Melis, but I had to laugh. Same thing happens here. DH let D hammer thumb tacks into the wall!! Somehow he thought that was a good idea and has tried to justify it to me. Sheesh. And to the 'Cosby kids' poster, that is hilarious!!! That really made my morning!
ReplyDelete