Wednesday is date night in our house. So last night, Nate and I were amongst the masses out cheering on our Phillies as they won the world series. I will never forget it. For a moment all of the years of misery, heartache and heartbreak were erased as throngs of Philadelphia sports fans danced in the streets. It was a firework laden, cheering, dancing, horns honking sort of outburst of joy the likes of which I have not seen in my lifetime. It was awesome.
We have booked a hotel room and are carting the kids down to center city tonight so that we can go to the parade tomorrow without having to contend with traffic.
I can't possibly think of a better way to celebrate Halloween.
I'm thrilled that my daughter was born in a Championship year for my city.
It's fun to win.
melis, your ardor is inspiring :)it reminds me of when the steelers won the sb and you knew will was going to be a boy!
ReplyDeletelove you!
jen
I totally thought of you when I heard this news, I figured your place was gloating victory central. Well done Phillies!
ReplyDelete- Taryl
Taryl ~ You teach me about hair, I will teach you about sports. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kudos ~ You may well be the only person in Alaska interested, and that brings me joy!