Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh Baby!




Julia is edible lately.

Newborns are wonderful. So sweet, so feeble and needy and cuddly and new. While I do truly enjoy the newborn phase, (mostly because I have been blessed with two amazing sleepers) I have to say that I enjoy the "baby" phase even more. And I am pleased to announce that this week Julia entered into it.

I'm not even sure what distinguishes the two in my mind. She is doing all of the "milestoney" things like rolling over both ways, laughing, cooing grabbing at toys, but they don't necessarily differentiate between baby and newborn to me. She just suddenly is alive in a while new way. Her eyes are always following the action (which is usually her big brother) in the room. Her leg rolls have doubled. Her face lights up when she sees me. She wants to talk and be talked to constantly. My little girl is simply a totally delightful baby. Last night she slept from 9 pm till 9.30 AM, waking only to nurse around 5.30. She is still sleeping in the co sleeper in our room, and I have to say that I am going to have a really hard time transitioning her into her own nursery. She is the antithesis of her brother as far as sleepers go. While both slept long and deep, Luke slept LOUDLY. He was this grunty groany snorty little baby boy (which is why I moved him into his crib at 4 weeks). Jules is this totally silent, sweet, snuggly little sleeper. She smiles in her sleep almost all night long. Her lashes just lay so irresistibly on her fat perfect cheeks that I cant stop staring at her. The only thing better is when she opens her eyes to reveal the huge round violet eyes and the smile that simply radiates delight. I love her. I cant imagine how I was ever even worried about loving another baby as much as I loved Luke. It sounds so cliche that I am loathe to even write it, but the heart truly is capable of loving each baby more fully than the mind can understand.

We are heading to the beach for the 4th, so no pictures until I get back. Have a wonderful safe 4th of July everyone. Happy Birthday, America.

(you know that sweet soft round perfect sweet little thing I have been writing about? She literally just had an explosive diaper in my lap while nursing. Way to bring me back to reality Jules! UGH!)

2 comments:

  1. She looks so much like Luke in this picture! She really is getting big all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe this is julia..this picture is perfect for the entry because it somehow looks so different than all the rest. what a beauty! can you believe we are so fortunate to be mothers?

    ReplyDelete