Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Three little birds







Birds made a nest in the wreath on our front door. We didn't notice it until a few weeks ago when we heard the frantic cheep cheeping of the little hatchlings. There are three of them. I love them. Somehow I'm overly emotionally invested in these birds....they remind me of Luke and Julia or something. They have already changed so much from the fragile almost transparent little critters they were at first....the nest now looks very crowded with their three feathered bodies crammed in it. Mama bird appears to be doing a good job, as all three thrive in their front door home.

Playgroup was at our house today.......there is nothing funnier than seeing 12 little critters creeping all over the house. I love my playgroup.

We left both kids with our babysitter for the first time today. We snuck away to Glen Mills to play a wonderful 9 holes. It was so good to be outside with Nate and to have a couple of carefree hours to ourselves. Its amazing how as much as I loved getting away, I could not wait to walk in the door and see their little faces.

I have absolutely not one creative thing to write.

Wait. I have one creative thing. I was looking through the WS catalog and my jaw hit the floor when I saw this meat brander thingy. WHO THE HELL wants to sear their own initials into a side of beef that they picked up at the grocery store??? Is it just me or is this really really weird? Is this some testosterone thing that I just don't understand? Would you ever monogram your meat? Anyone else utterly grossed out by this? Please comment.

5 comments:

  1. I have to admit - I'm a huge monogramming fan, love to overdo monograms in every way. I used to think this was a cool manly way to monogram, but now that I think about it as more like a brand on the meat literally I'm not so sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot J ~ I already ordered you one for your shower :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, we have a nest with baby birds on our deck and i hate them! i won't let mike near them..but they poop all too close to my hammock chair of love...they are cute and tiny, but they belong in a zoo or somewhere away from where my kids play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Melissa,

    Jeannie and I have just polished off a magnum of champagne just because we are getting married in 13 days. We are reading your blog for fun!!! (It's amazing how fun it is with a magnum of champagne in you!). Got to the picture of the meat brander, and I said out loud, "How cool! Can we register for one of those!" Jeannie said, "Wait, read the entry."

    Just had to comment. Must be a testosterone thing. Just struggled with spelling testosterone and Jeannie said, "Testes". Thanks, Jeannie...

    Tim Bickhart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim, you have Nate and I laughing out loud!

    After I saw that brander I told Nate that I might have to order one with the initials ASS just to keep around the house in case he ever gets out of line...........

    :)

    ReplyDelete