
I'm learning as I go here with this whole blogging thing. One thing that I have noticed, is that when I have to start a post with a disclaimer, something has gone amok. So I begin.
My husband is a wonderful man. He is a smart, funny, witty guy and a fantastic provider for his family. He has some of the best interpersonal skills of anyone I have ever met. To know Nate is to like him. I love him more than I can say. Just one more time, I want to reiterate that I do think that he is smart. Whatever happens in this post from here, let it be clear that I (generally) think that Nate is a really smart guy.
That said, we move onto the post.
Here was how our morning conversation went.
Me: Today is a big day, I am giving Luke yogurt for the first time. If he tolerates it well it probably means that we don't have to deal with a milk allergy.
(*as a refresher, please think back to the bloody ice cream incident*)
Nate: He's not allergic to Milk, it was probably all the sugar and other things in the ice cream. He's fine.
Me: Sweetie, a milk allergy manifests itself in pretty specific ways ~ Bloody mucousy poop being the main one....What I am hoping is that Luke didn't have a dairy allergy, it was just that at 6 months his little body wasn't yet capable of handling the dairy, and that's why he reacted like that. I'm hoping that now that he is older and supposedly "ready" for dairy, he will tolerate it just fine.
Nate: But he's been getting dairy forever.
Me: What do you mean?
Nate: You know, you have been nursing him for 8 months.
*the sound of ice creaking can be heard in the kitchen as Nate approaches the thin part*
Me: What do you mean? What does that have to do with dairy products?
*Creaks louder*
Nate: You know, he's been drinking milk. From you. You have been nursing him.
Me: Are you calling me a COW? Are you SERIOUS?
Nate: What, cows milk, your milk, whatever, its all milk, right?
I'm going to end the play by play there.
I love my husband. And I am not a dairy cow.
Melis, my dear friend, thank you SO MUCH....I don't think I have ever laughed so hard (at least not for a long time)....and Nate, I laugh because it is TOTALLY something I would have said!! I just love reading about everything that goes on in your lives...you are SO eloquent, Melissa...you really should think about writing a BOOK in your spare time!! Love you guys, Joanne
ReplyDelete