Yesterday was FALL! It was cool, and crisp, and absolutely lovely. The little man loved a walk up to the Restaurant Festival, where he dozed and took in the mad crowds of eager eaters jamming the streets of our lovely town. We ran into Joanne and Mike (Hi Jo you newlywed beauty you!), Debbie and Greg, Brad, Jeannine, Chad and Adam etc etc.....could not swing a dead cat without running into someone we knew. It made me sad to know that this was (VERY) likely the last year that we would simply be able to walk up from our back door to attend the festival, or first Fridays, or any other WC event. The Halloween Parade will likely be our last HURRAH as borough dwellers. I am so sad about that, and it makes me cry randomly (I am starting to think that I am having a girl as I swear my emotions are way more all over the place with this pregnancy......ugh! Poor Nate!!!)
In good news, we have narrowed down exactly what we want as far as our new house. A new construction, 3500 sq ft house in the borough with giant Master Suite with sunken tub, stand alone shower, dressing room, walk in closets, 4 bedrooms (preferably with a jack and Jill bathroom for the kids) a beautiful office with custom built in's, a large eat in kitchen to entertain in, and a formal dining room for holidays. In the borough of course, as we love love love this town.
In bad news, that house does not exist. At all. Ever. No new construction in the borough, and we just cant justify spending mad amounts of money for a borough house with a tiny tiny living room, or only 1.5 baths. It just makes no sense with our expanding brood and family and friends that we long to entertain.
In weighing our options, much as we love the borough, we have to expand our search area. I went through a list of 240 houses yesterday that met our school district, price, size and age requirements and (somehow) narrowed that down to 14 that I want to go see. So this week will be spent finishing up details on our house, and hitting the streets with the realtor to find something new. Its scary, and exciting, and honestly, a little overwhelming to me in my hormonal pregnant nursing state. I think that I am driving Nate nuts with my stress, but I am working on it. To all of the friends who I am not calling, or seeing, or getting together with, please forgive me, its just a crazy busy time right now. Hopefully this shall pass quickly, this house will sell fast, we will find something we love, and life will just keep on keepin on.
In baby news, Luke LOVES all things BALL. I have to simply pick up his new love (the red sparkly ball) and he starts SCREAMING with joy. Its hilarious. He starts racing towards me, and we play catch! It makes me crack up to see this little critter so animated over a cheapo red ball. It also makes me so happy, as I would love nothing more than to be able to share my love of sports with my son. I already want to buy him his first tiny set of golf clubs for Christmas.....but maybe we need to wait until he is at least walking......This was Luke on the porch with the Mums yesterday, wearing the sweater that Jenny knit for him last year and gave me at my baby shower ~ he fits in it now and its my new fave item of the fall line up ~ thank you Jen! I think that we need to turn our Friday morning lounge on the porch sessions into stitch and bitch time where you teach me to knit like you!
Luke is going to be a sporty little stud and you know it! With parents like you and Nate, how could he not be? Love the picture.
ReplyDeleteColleen