Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fall



This picture is from exactly one year ago, before hiking out in Seattle. That's Luke in belly. It was a beautiful weekend, no humidity, sunny,and so so blue. It was one of the most enjoyable short trips/long weekends Nate and I have ever spent together. We were so excited to be pregnant, to be in love, and healthy, and in the northwest eating, walking EVERYWHERE, and seeing all the sights. This past weekend was just like it out here in PA weather wise, and Nate and I found ourselves reminiscing about last year at this time so much. I was about 16 weeks pregnant with Luke, and just starting to feel little "squiggles" that were the precursor to those awesome kicks that he later started to give me. Now I'm 12 weeks pregnant with Deuce, Luke thinks that he is a toddler, and life is even better than it was just a year ago.

Labor day has come and gone and I have fall on the brain.

Fall is by far the season that brings me the most joy. So in honor of fall, here is what I can't wait for.

Pumpkins and Mums on my porch.
Wool Sweaters.
Luke in a little knit pumpkin hat.
FOOTBALL
The beautiful PA landscape as the leaves change colors
The smell of woodsmoke
Pumpkin Pie
World Series
Picking Apples at Highland Orchard with Luke and Nate
Making giant vats of Chili and soup and gravy on Sundays. Then eating them.
Sitting on the porch with a cup of tea and a blanket at night
Luke's first Halloween
Thanksgiving and Family. Thanksgiving FOR Family.
The arrival of the J Crew Fall catalogue (When are they going to make some maternity clothes for the perpetually pregnant???)
Chester County Day
The WC Halloween Parade
Our Dad's birthdays
Trips to the park with Luke
Mully spazzing out in the leaves
Apple Pie
WC Restaurant Festival
FOOTBALL
Putting the quilt back on the bed
Open windows and chilly evenings
The clean smell of the air
My wool coat
Curb your enthusiasm's new season
Dark settling in earlier
The first fire
Wearing a scarf
Hot Chocolate
Feeling Deuce kick soon
House hunting
Squash
Carving a jack o lantern with my boys
Candles
FOOTBALL
Wool socks
Boots
Jeans. Every day.
Baths.

Luke just woke up so, like the puppet on a string (I mean, like the loving nurturing caregiver who attends to his every need that I am) I must go. Happy Sept 4th everyone!

We are off to sunny South Carolina in the morning so I wont be back to update this until next Monday. In the meantime, GO EAGLES, go Jets, and give em hell Matt Schaub :)

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome writer. I feel like I am experiencing fall with you. Autumn has always been my favourite season but it isn't coming around here for at least another six weeks so I have to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've already started making soups and i'm ready for football parties. fall in minnesota is glorious and we already have our first bout of sweater weather!
    jen

    ReplyDelete